View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #70
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
So I am surely feeling my age, because I remember they had ads in comics when I was a young 'un. (Remember Charles Atlas and the "The Insult that made a man out of Mac?"). These ads did not detract from my enjoyment of the story at all. I also remember that there were ads in the SF magazines that I read. Those ads didn't slow me down either.
Now I understand the conceptv of people not liking the possibility of ads where they were'nt before. Hiowevetr, so long as there is an ad-free option available at full price and so long as the ad-supported version offers benefits to those who are OK with ads, I can't understand why people would object to the idea.

Actually, in the case of the KSO , its the other way around, I hear. There are people who buy the ad-free Kindles who envy the deals KSO owners get , according to the Amazon Kindle forums. People are different and there are the hardcore no ads people andthe "Why not ads" people. So long as there options for both, no big deal.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote