View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I prefer having it in the title, but I would like to see the titles be, e.g., Kindle/ePub rather than Kindle/Nook/Sony. This would make the title a little easier to read and, more importantly, make it clearer, especially to new members, that the book is readable on their Nook, Sony, Kobo, Kindle.

The other thing that I would like to see is a Smashwords link in the message if the book is available at Smashwords. Given a choice of downloading a title from Sony, B&N, or Smashwords, I prefer Smashwords because it is always DRM-free.
I think most of use use this convention:

noDRM - DRM free, format can be converted
PDF - non-drm'd PDF (may or may not convert well
Kindle - for Kindle only, in Amazon store
nook - for the nook only, from B&N
EPUB - DRM'd EPUB, need ADE (works with several readers)
ADE-PDF - DRM'd PDF, uses ADE, can't be converted

I seldom put the store name, because that isn't a format (Kindle and nook, are). For Smashwords and other drm-free sources, I use "noDRM" and suggest others do, as well.

There are some books in both the B&N and Amazon stores that end up DRM-free, but I generally don't check for that. Often the ones at ChristianBook are DRM-free, but you have to download to tell. Usually someone pipes up and makes a comment if they are DRM-free (and are free to flag a message to get a moderator to fix the format list).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote