View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #11
emanuensis
emanuensis began at the beginning.

Device: none
@BetterRed

May i take this moment to suggest you try Theobromine instead? Chocolates producer is every bit as endangered as Coffees but the bean does lead, some say, to ~chocolate_nobels... But statistician are even above Great liars, so saith the Great Mark on the Twine (or Twain by some accents or dialects). Besides it is oh so lovely! Or at least so think its acolytes.

i am afraid my familiarity with DBs is primarily with column oriented schemes (such as Q or KDB) which are used universally by those who need speed. One could get easily caught in an endless loop de loop which would make one loopy if one were hesitant about consulting the natives for direction before digging out the currently de jure map for its oracular definition.

i admit i am a scofflaw. It is endemic to my culture, after all if one can improve a program endlessly why not yourself? And as Go:del showed there is no end to such an enterprise. We tend to look at what is actual, the facts on the ground. As Hippocrates said if it worked before it might work again! And it is quite evident in the real world that codifying things gets one into all kinds of knots. i live in a Jurisdiction that treats scofflaws with humourless rancour so i am a bit circumspect around them. But here surely that Cosmic Lila prevails!

i do feel for that hapless rat so i will only bend his ear a bit (maybe just a tweak or two). After all it did help lead Van Gogh on to greatness.

my tweaking of said ear is in wonderment as to how best to recover from a devastation to an installation of Calibre...? At that point i am left with a sea of folders. We know Calibre cannot eat its own dog food ... so straight out of the box that sea of folders is not useful to a new installation of C. But that legacy is very important to me, even though i be a lowly rat, i must find a way out of this maze.

Help?

---~
u.tgu.ca/
chocolate_nobels

~same as~
medpagetoday com
PrimaryCare/DietNutrition/35281

greg

Last edited by emanuensis; 06-06-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: expanded shortened URL
emanuensis is offline   Reply With Quote