View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu246 View Post
New to e-readers.
Have Kindle 3.
In standby (off), a cache of pictures cycles on the display.

Can we get at this cache, and put our own pics in the rotation?

More generally, can we manage the "Collections" and other things over the USB wire from a WinXP or Fedora Linux machine?

I can ping the Kindle from a Linux terminal, but dont find a FTP or HTTP server on it. Is there any open source client we can dig into the Kindle with, either GUI or black screen?
Welcome to MobileRead shu246!

Instructions on changing the screensaver (sleep) images can be found here and here.

There is some beta software for collections management for PCs that can be found here.

Can't help you with the Linux stuff 'cause it's over my head. The folks in the Kindle Developers Forum may be able to help you.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote