View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #33
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Being able to check who I'm making deals with - maybe my life is missing something, but I've not had to do that yet.

Id theft - here in UK we've already had instances of criminals getting work in the civil service and flogging off National Insurance numbers. Now we're going to set up another database. Were I an intelligent criminal, I'd be looking to suborn civil servants to get access to the data or to set up bogus ids.

Trusting government - Hmm, as I understand it, the German system is a little less adventurous (i.e., more sensible) than the UK proposals. I don't have a problem with name & address data being held by govt., but if they're going to hold more data on my id card then I want to know what info they have, and be able to challenge and correct it when necessary
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote