View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #32
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
Have you gotten your perl script to work in Linux? It uses Win32::OLE doesn't it? The last time I tried running it in native Linux there was no way for it to make use of the commands to eBook Publisher to create an imp file. The mobi scripts from tommy work but they all only use perl modules.

I've installed perl 5.8.8 in wine and have been trying to get the Mobi2Imp gui and scripts to work that way but haven't spent much time on it yet. My answer so far is to run the script in an install of Windows XP using VirtualBox.
Oops, your are absolutely right. There is no .imp creation in linux; eBook Publisher is required to generate the .imp from the .html and images extracted. Now only if eBook Publisher worked in linux...

Mobi2IMP is written in perl and then compiled for windows users, along with that GUI. It uses the same interface that was created for PDFRead. PDFRead has the same issues working in linux; can create the "parts", but can't assemble them into a .imp.

The original creator of PDFRead, ashkulz, recommended taking those "parts" to the "windows"-side to complete the .imp creation. His solution was to just get eBook Publisher to finish the job in windows; your solution is to use Mobi2IMP in windows to begin with.

Which is easier? better?

Can linux use/simulate the eBook Publisher .dll / COM and OLE calls? The SBPubX.doc documentation is quite extensive but I'm not sure how you could get that working in linux. But then again, I'm "The REB1200 Guy", not "The Linux Guy"...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote