View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #65
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
At the age of 44, maybe I'm simply another generation.

I remember the times, when the disk drive for Commodore C64 was 700 German Marks = 350 Euros.
Or when my High-End Notebook from Toshiba was 4.000 Euros.
Or when a game for Commodore C64 was 100 German Marks = 50 Euros.

To me, the 200 Euros for those Low-End tablets simply aren't worth a second thought. So I can't quite comprehend the high expectations some users have for such a low price.

And again: Tone. Maybe I'm really getting old. But I simply don't find statements such as "Kindle Fire is total bullshit, it doesn't have 3G or an SD slot" or "Spiegel Magazine is not for free. Those petty thiefs" or "For such a high price (3 Euros!) I would have expected a better game, not such crap" or ... informative or entertaining. I simply find it frustrating and ridiculous.
Anyway...
I'm in your generation
I also find it frustrating when a reviewer slams a product for lack of a feature which they should have known about before they bought it. If you want a product with a particular feature, you should read product descriptions and reviews and buy the right product - not buy the simplest, cheapest version and then complain because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote