View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #90
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Multiple choice voting would eliminate many of these arguments.

With multiple choice voting, one can vote for all the books one wants to read the most. So there'd be no worry about choosing between voting for one's absolute favourite or voting strategically.

It would also give people more choice and lead to more votes and larger percentages for each book, and can lead to more people participating.

I've seen support for it from various people in different threads, and I think it would solve many of this club's problems that create these arguments.

I would propose to have a vote on multiple choice vs single choice before a vote on open vs closed, since open vs closed is contentious no matter which wins, and many of those contention points can be solved by a multiple choice vs single choice vote. After that, an open vs closed vote could go smoother with less argument between those who favour open and those who favour closed.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote