View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
I no longer think I know much about money and investments.

I try to be frugal, and just deal in cash these days. If I have extra money I just sock it away in a safe deposit box so the government and other people can't track it. (These days you don't lose any or very much interest doing that.) I usually pay the total for purchases up front or on one of those interest free 90 day things, and avoid borrowing money. The reasons are many and varied. If I can, I pay for things and services with things and services of my own. I trade a lot. No taxes, no record.
I lost a lot of money in the dot.com bust and more in the housing bust. I have been cheated. I bought a few houses for some ex-wives, but I have already covered that.

Anyway, I think the carriers are using that old plan of "trying to make up for losses on each unit, with volume." Even I have learned that doesn't work.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote