Thread: Adios, Sony!
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #86
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Perhaps we should just go back to the days without internet where there were no patches/sw updates to anything. You pretty much buy the item and continue to use it or just return it if you are unsatisfied with it.

I know there was some news about Apple charging customers for the new Itouch firmware upgrade. I don't know if it was true or if it was implemented but if you really look a it, does the purchase of a piece of hardware also include the right to get firmware updates? I hope companies don't start charging for updates but I think they could.

Look at anti virus software. Does the purchase of it include unlimited subscription updates the virus detection? Without those virus updates, the software over time becomes useless.

Last edited by MerLock; 08-03-2008 at 12:27 PM.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote