Thread: Adios, Sony!
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #77
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyE View Post
Well, Sony just made my decision for me as to whether or not I keep my new Kindle.

I have a PRS 500 and, one option, was to get the PRS 505 instead of the Kindle. Now, I see that Sony has abandoned the early adopters who bought the PRS 500 less than 2 years ago. No way to upgrade, even paying a fee to add memory.... They must have known about the memory issue for future upgrades even when they launched the PRS 500. When will they abandon the PRS 505?

Betty
WHAT MEMORY ISSUE? The PRS-500 has plenty of memory for books. If you want MP3, expansion cards are CHEAP. Standalone MP3 players are cheap as well. I do not understand your problem. (Sorry I did not read all the replies to this thread, just the starting post).
As for a rebate: just sell your PRS 500. I did just that when I got my 505.

Last edited by BlackVoid; 07-31-2008 at 03:15 PM.
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote