View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #246
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I used Hacked Up Reader since it first appeared here, but I'm having problems only now.
I updated my Touch to 5.3.2 and I'm using the Unified launcher but I can't start HUR...

I'm using the 0.3.1 version and I think the problem is not related to the launcher as I get the same error when using SSH. Here's the output:

Code:
/mnt/us/hackedupreader/bin/cr3
*** glibc detected *** /mnt/us/hackedupreader/bin/cr3: free(): invalid pointer: 0x0024c8ec ***
Aborted

Here's the strange...I installed HUR again and I tried again with the launcher: it worked fine.
I closed HUR using the built-in command in the menu then I tried again to run HUR: nothing happens!
If I run it using SSH, I get the error stated above!
Are you sure you closed it from within HUR with the exit command? Because the behavior you're seeing is the same as when there's an instance of HUR hanging around even though you're back to the home screen.

You can verify and kill such a process by doing the following on the command line (a reset would also fix it):

Code:
[root@kindle root]# ps -e | grep cr3
 1634 ?        00:00:00 cr3
[root@kindle root]# kill -9 1634
[root@kindle root]# ps -e | grep cr3
[root@kindle root]#
I'm still on 5.1.2 (I'm not yet ready to give up on the GUI launcher extension). The launcher extension that comes with HUR doesn't work with the unified launcher but varnie's HUR launcher does:
https://github.com/varnie/HackedUpRe...cher/downloads

Are you using the latest version (0.0.3) of unified launcher? I tried that on 5.1.2 and it seems to work better than the first version. I couldn't get HUR to accidently stay in the background. This was easily done with the earlier versions of the unified launcher.

Last edited by bhaak; 01-25-2013 at 06:29 AM.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote