View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
KindleGen for Mac:
1. Download the KindleGen.zip to your Mac in a location such as your home (~) directory.
2. Unzip it under '~/KindleGen'
3. Open a command prompt and type '~/KindleGen/kindlegen'.
4. You will see instructions on how to run KindleGen.
5. To convert a file called book.html, go to the directory where the book is present, eg. 'cd Desktop' and all you have to do now is type '~/KindleGen/kindlegen book.html' and if successful, you will see a successful conversion and a new file on your Desktop called book.mobi.
Please note: It is recommended to follow these steps to run KindleGen. Double-clicking the KindleGen icon does not launch this program. Run the above commands without quotes.

Edit: I have a PC kicking around here which I run the Kindlegen on, I find it alot easier to use...IMO

Last edited by Adjust; 10-27-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote