View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #9
djpyle
Writer
djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Oasis, Paperwhite 1, iPhone 6+
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
All of the problems you mentioned are solvable either with proper attention paid to creating the non-PDF epub or with a smarter reader (no reader currently handles orphans/widows properly, but there's no reason why they couldn't).
Yes, but until they do start paying attention to non-PDF ebook creation, I don't see any reason to boycot all PDFs. I doubt there are many publishers sitting back and waiting for PDF sales to die down before worrying about other ebook formats.

And for the record, are there really even that many publishers who sell only PDFs? I don't think I've ever run across one.
djpyle is offline   Reply With Quote