View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #71
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! (Adventures of a Curious Character)
by Richard P. Feynman & Ralph Leighton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
completely agree. Feynman is not only brilliant, but also hilarious.
I believe I read of this in Feynman's Six Easy Pieces, or perhaps the follow-up, Six Not-So-Easy Pieces. His van was famously adorned with Feynman Diagrams. Most people had no idea what they were, but occasionally he would be asked by strangers why he had Feynman diagrams all over his van, only to be told, "Because I'm Richard Feynman!"

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-tufte-princip
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote