View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #68
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBear View Post
Just thought this thread might be fun if we listed favorite semi-obscure titles available freely online. (Or should this post be its own thread? Moderators?) Anyway, here's a few:

---
Lone Star Ranger -- Zane Grey. I'd never read him before but I'd only really heard about his Sackett novels. Possible inspiration for TV's Lone Ranger. Available here at MR.
The Zane Grey works may well have gotten obscure but they were enormously popular before I started reading any westerns. The Sackett books though were by Louis L'Amour and a zillion western fans probably wouldn't think him obscure, he was probably the number 1 western writer, writing up through the 70's. I think Zane Grey would have been considered the number 1 before L'Amour. L'Amour wrote some pretty good autobiographical short stories too. Heh, L'Amour was the main cause of my getting "Doesn't pay attention in class" written on a middle school report card. I always seem to have had his paperbacks stuck inside my schoolbooks, reading them during class.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote