View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Question Old-style numerals/small caps support?

I embedded a subset font* with small caps and old style numerals in an ePub, which displayed fine in Sigil and ADE, but I when compiled it with the latest version of KindleGen, the embedded font seems to be ignored on my K3. (Turning Publisher Fonts on/off had no effect either.)

Is this yet another limitation of the KF8 firmware of my K3 or do eInk Kindles generally not support embedded fonts that replace small caps and/or (old-style) numerals?

[*] a subset font of AnPolt-Regular created with Font Squirrel. (Other subset fonts didn't work either.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADE.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	97913   Click image for larger version

Name:	k3.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	97914  
Attached Files
File Type: mobi sc_test.mobi (49.5 KB, 216 views)
File Type: epub sc_test.epub (13.1 KB, 223 views)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote