View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 05:33 AM   #4
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Power Management -- I know that is a very hot topic! I specifically asked what was running while the Reader is on, but not changing the display. The answer was almost nothing. The Reader is just monitoring the various buttons for presses, so it’s almost completely powered down between page turns -- as it should be! In almost five full hours of what could only be considered very hard usage (constantly opening files and flipping pages and playing sound files and so on), the battery meter did not budge, still reading fully charged at the end of the day.
Holy crap!! That's exactly what I want to hear. And I was already starting to think that the whole bistable talk was just theoretical nonsense (given the horrible battery lifetime of the iLiad).
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote