View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #12
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by purl4peace View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the format of the music is basically already a PDF file. The music is offered by "FreeHand" which has offered a dedicated sheet-music reader for several years.

I have often relished using the DX for reading music. However, the timeout is an issue. To make it really useful, Kindle will have to come up with a way to disable the timeout because it depending on what you are playing/practicing, it would be a pain to have the thing keep switching over to the screen saver.
I'm curious: why a DX? because it is cheaper than MusicPad? Seems like another limitation of DX in this regard is the inability to turn pages easily (for music that spans several pages). But for some uses it probably would work fine.

Another option to check out is MusicReader (software only - need to have laptop/tablet): http://www.musicreader.net/
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote