Thread: NIV Bible
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #44
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdahler View Post
There may be a few very simple folk who believe that, but that would be pretty rare. What you'll find more than that are people who believe the KJV is the "inspired" English translation and as such is the only true and right one. For what reasons I don't know - I've never bothered to take the time to find out. The only thing I'll say is that just like comparing some passages from, say, the standard Victorian-English translation of The Count of Monte Cristo with a more updated modern English translation, the modern language may be easier to understand at first reading, but a lot of the poetic prose that flows so beautifully in that antiquated English is lost. For the most part, the NIV is just about the most readable modern English translation available; but there are some passages in the KJV that just can't be beat simply for the beauty of the way they sound.
Yea, that is why I put "original" in quotes.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote