View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #1194
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Yep, that's my mean reason to use the Calibre Kobo TouchExtended driver.

For standard epubs the Adobe Digital Editions renderer is used, and as you found out (as did I) it handles footnotes very badly; I succeeded in getting to the note exactly once, instead of getting the normal touch screen action. For Kobo epubs they use the ACCESS renderer, which does it very nicely with a preview popup without fail.

As I read lots of non-fiction (which tends to use footnotes extensively), I switched to kepubs (a conversion which the TouchExtended driver can do on the fly when sending ebooks to the device if you want it to).
I take it you are putting the blame (for ePubs) on ADE. I wonder if this is correct. I haven't seen many posts about other readers that use ADE having trouble with footnote navigation.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote