View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #36742
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
A lazy man like me is always on the lookout for an easier way to do things. In the past I've used Sonar (huge learning curve, IMO, but a very powerful DAW) and a few others, but of course Sonar is solely Windows based. I've also bought some moderately expensive sound cards like the E-MU 1820m (see attachment) for Windows PCs, only to see them become too-rapidly obsolete. Now I'm looking for cheap and simple, and hopefully fully wireless. I thought I'd found something when I stumbled upon the M-Audio MidAir 37, a 37-key Wireless MIDI Keyboard (see second attachment). Unfortunately, that keyboard, which came out in 2006, is no longer available. That doesn't bode well for the Puc—that upcoming wireless MIDI interface I mentioned in my last post—but hope springs eternal.
I was looking at the MAYA44 XTe interface card for my computer but the guy in the shop suggested I try the Scarlett box instead. He said the sound quality through the Scarlett was better, and as I don't know one from the other, the Maya that he had was older, and the prices were the same, I went with his suggestion. The Maya came with Cubase LT, but I already have the full Cubase. (And and old copy of Sonar.) The Scarlett 2i2 came with Ableton, but I'm not going to be mixing more than 8-10 tracks anyway. If I find I want to, I'll install Cubase. As I said before, all the pedal effects of "Guitar Rig" or "JamVox" are wasted on me. I've tried both but I want a cleaner sound. I think this Scarlett might just do it!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote