View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #54
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
4" is the perfect size. 3.5" is still good too, but too many apps now work better with the extra .5". My brother and I were playing a game one night, and I didn't realize that until I had to switch between the iPhone 4, my Galaxy S2, and the Kindle Fire. The iPhone 4 just didn't cut it.

And yeah, most apps are done in one universal binary. On Android, they have to make different image sizes depending on the DPIs. If they didn't do that, the icon would just be a little Android. Different binaries are usually to support older devices.

On the iPhone/iPad, they have a similar setup, I think it's that they have to use like indications that they're for the Retina displays and not the regular displays with something like "2x@". Older binaries weren't in use until like this past month when they announced they were letting people download older versions of software.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote