View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 07:16 AM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Fun View Post
JSWolf, if you are willing (and only if you're willing as I know this would be a encroachment on your valuable personal time which I, myself, value), it may be helpful if you or someone else can write a tutorial how to do this. I have taken the time to read some material about CSS and have learned how to change the fonts on a 505 using the sticky and calibre but I have no clue on how to embed my preferred font into an epub as an example.

I would guess that there are several folks here that may be interested in knowing how to do this as well. Whenever I've seen you respond that ePub can do this and that by just editing the CSS, I keep saying to myself "how?".

Not that the mainstream may even be interested in doing this with their ebooks but there seems to be several of us willing to go down that road if they knew "how".
An ePub file is just the files contained in a ZIP file with a .epub extension. I use WinRAR which I have associated with .epub so I right click an ePub file and select open with and one choice is WinRAR I can then extract the contents easily. And it also allows me to put back in the files that I have changed.

Go into the ePub section and have a look at the sticky on fonts for the 505 and 700. Also look at the thread in the ePub section with code snippets.

Also what I've done is just searched for what it is I want to do to make sure I was doing it correctly.

Most of the changes I do involves the margins and the fonts.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote