View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #19
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I haven't been participating at all lately, but I've been on a non-fiction kick lately and the current book I'm working my way slowly though is a perfect fit. Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin.
This nomination sounds very interesting, but I unfortunately passed on supporting it because of its length. I'm usually all for whatever length nomination so long as I'm interested but at, it seems, almost a thousand pages, Team of Rivals would be one of our longest selections yet - which is all good except that, after a slate of other longer selections recently between both clubs, the prospect this month seems a bit...daunting!

Speaking of daunting, can it be true that The Diary of Samuel Pepys is really 4,000 pages long? Before we get to the vote, I wonder if Hamlet53 would like to clarify the nomination? Is the nomination for the entire diary, as the free MR download link he provided would indicate, or for an abridged version? Or will it be each person for themselves to decide how much they want to read?
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote