View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #121
ereadingdotcom
CEO, Ereading.com
ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Free eBooks - Follow-Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by silasgreenback View Post
I don't see why giving ebooks away wouldn't bolster Baen's bottom line and that of authors' far into the future.

Baen's gimmick strategy has been working for Amazon for some time now. I've bought several books by authors I'd likely have never heard of because one of their titles were free.
Oh, and I forgot to add: I've said elsewhere that free books will continue to be used as loss-leaders by retailers and publishers. So I agree with you there. I've done the same thing. I'm an avid reader myself and the free preview titles have been a great introduction to me for people I would not have ordinarily read right off the bat.
ereadingdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote