View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #24
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEs View Post
The thing I like most is the combination of Siri and the Map App. I only had to say, where I wanted to drive to, and it worked - by only pressing one single button. I may be wrong, but I do not think, that this is possible with another smartphone.
Android has had a voice command that triggers the turn by turn directions with Google maps since v2.2 Froyo (May 2010).

http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/m...voice-actions/

It was real 21st Century moment for me when I first used this to find a theatre when we were running late for a show (walking), and I just pressed the mic icon on the phone and said "Navigate to Theatre Royal, Wakefield" and the phone got us there on time.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote