View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
BibboTheGreat
BibboTheGreat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Someone in the German forum (which belongs to lesen.net) also says the PDF reflow is good: http://www.e-reader-forum.de/ebook-r...nd/#post104738
I did not bother to test it so far since I do not read PDFs, I just have EPUBs on my Bookeen Frontlight.
I wish to use the eReader above all in ePub format, but I have got several PDF manuals and I need the reflow. I tried to convert with Calibre but it didn't do a good job, unfortunately. And there is material on line for my work just in PDF, for this reason for me is a little important.
Unfortunately I don't know the German language and the Google/Bing translators didn't help me much. Would you translate me the most important things for me? I didn't understand if the buttons (to turn the pages) are stable or if they "squeak", for example.
I upload a few pictures that an assistant of Bookeen sent me to compare the PDF visual and the reflow.
the page of a magazine:

and its respective reflow:

other normal PDF visualizations pictures:

...and reflow:

I hope it was useful
In Italy there would be a bookstore, LaFeltrinelli, that should distribute the Bookeen readers. Unfortunately there is not a date yet and I won't have the possibility to touch with my hands before the purchase.

Last edited by BibboTheGreat; 11-22-2012 at 03:50 PM.
BibboTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote