View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #513
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
With many tablets and phones, they never leave either. People install them and forget about them. Hell, many are a pain to remove. My old phone had the micro SD slot under the battery. I would have to take the case off, the back cover and the battery to get to it and the SIM card.
Basically, what you're proposing is that Apple just charge less for on-board storage, since if you never swap out your SD card there's no real advantage to using one vs. using integrated memory.
Quote:
And that iPad pic, you're looking at the shielding under the display, that doesn't give an accurate idea of space.
I couldn't find a very good pic of the iPad internals. If you have one, please share. I would be surprised if there was any empty space; the iPad 3 actually became thicker and heavier than the iPad 1 & 2 in order to hold a bigger battery.
Quote:
And some people get obsessed only when the topic comes up. If they only ever talked about it, then you could say they lacked perspective.
Fair enough. I'm not going to launch an inquisition and go through people's posting history dating back months to identify all their interests. Anecdotally, it seems to me that the people who are obsessed with the smartphone wars rarely post in topics relating to anything else.