View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #45
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
Yes, but the past events and persona from both short stories books are both referenced in the latter series. The 1st might be more episodic but are nevertheless prerequisite for understanding of the series.
You can say the same thing about "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings", but I would say that the former is self-contained. The same is true for "The Last Wish". Neither was written as part of a series. It's true that their popularity led to each writer following up with a series, but I don't see a book losing its stand-alone nature just because of that. I can see your point; I'm just saying that I did consider whether it was part of a series before posting, and in my opinion it wasn't, so I wasn't deliberately breaking the rules. It did occur to me, though, that someone would challenge me on it.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote