View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #36
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I just finished reading a book that has been in my TBR pile probably for a year: When Women Were Warriors Book I: The Warrior's Path by Catherine Wilson. I found the book to be well-written and the characters very interesting. I gave it a 5-star review. I recommend the book (but be warned that it does include some lesbian scenes), especially as it is free, except with this warning: The story continues in two additional volumes, each of which is $9.99.

I am currently debating whether to spend that money on the next volume. My general rule is not to spend more than $4.99 and I currently have more than 2700 ebooks in my TBR pile so I don't have a lack of ebooks to read. Had the followup volumes been priced at $4.99, I would have bought them immediately; but they aren't and I am leaning toward not buying the next volume even though I greatly enjoyed the first volume.

Anyway, if you are looking for a good fantasy book to read, When Women Were Warriors Book I: The Warrior's Path is a good choice.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote