View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Like a jerk, i realized i hadn't actually attached an image... d'oh!

in the past, i've used:
Code:
.border {
	border-style: solid;
	border-width: 3px;
	padding-left: 5px;
	padding-right: 5px;
	padding-top: 2px;
	padding-bottom: 2px;
	}
to get the desired border around a single line of text (three or four words). But I'm not able to duplicate the effect on multiple lines of code or broken single lines.

To be clear, the image below is what I'm trying to achieve... not what I've actually achieved (the best I've been able to do is similar to the file attached by theducks.)

EDIT: I think I see where I'm getting tripped up. I'm trying to get the left and right parts of the border to be defined by their proximity to the text, not by their proximity to the margins (since the distance between the two margins varies based on the screen size). Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 322.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	92553  

Last edited by ElMiko; 09-18-2012 at 02:21 PM.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote