View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultankc View Post
Hey there,

I just recently used system diagnostics to install custom screensavers but I wasn't satisfied with the results so I attempted to undo the hack. Upon using system diagnostics again my screen froze on the main menu. I'm unable to turn off the kindle or force reset the kindle. It's merely stuck on the menu. It's not even recognized by any computers when plugged in via USB. I only have access to a mac at the moment so any help needs to be for the mac unless it has to be for windows. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this sort of stuff so any simplified help is appreciated.
What version of firmware is your kindle using? Is it SO (Special Offers)?

Did you accidentally select "Install Fastboot Bundle" in the exit menu? If so, it is stuck in fastboot mode. Try using MfgTool in the dev corner "select boot" thread, to see if you can force it to boot to main. If so, then you need to change your bootmode idme var to "main" to get back to normal. There are a number of ways to do that. Also, you cannot exit diags mode the first time, until you create a missing folder and file, which it will do for you if you run the first diag on the main diags screen. You can get to diags again with MfgTool too. Download it in the first post of the "Select Boot" thread.

A lot of people have problems with custom screensavers, which depend on your kindle firmware version. 5.1.0 cause problems, then 5.1.1 caused even more problems. You need a hack version that works with your firmware version. Also, some hacks do not work on SO kindles.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-02-2012 at 02:34 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote