View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #21
pulsar
Connoisseur
pulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfolded

Device: kindle 3, kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftheworld View Post
The back plate comes off so easily I don't think it's really worth it to drill a hole or anything, but if you really want to do it, I'd recommend a pin vise.
I agree - probably not worth messing up with hole drilling, unless you are into daily factory reset routine .

I am thinking of creating the image of the whole internal SD card, using Kobo itself (dd command). Only to recover a fully bricked unit one would have to disassemble Kobo again.

I wonder how the reset works - probably by pressing it and at the same time pressing the power button, when the unit is off?

It would be great if the booting could be done from the external SD card, internal becoming the data SD card. Then one could switch between different mods by simply swapping external SD cards.

Is there something like BIOS in these devices? Perhaps, during the factory reset one would be presented with an opportunity to do some changes in BIOS?
pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote