View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #27
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
Probably the area that should be considered should be the 5" to 6" range of devices that are still primarily considered to be phones and in that area I would expect that the growth might even be higher due to the simple fact that it was previously only a niche option and now more and more companies are looking at it as an obvious part of their portfolio.
I agree that the 5-6" range will probably see the highest area of growth, but not because companies simply want to add that size to their product portfolios. Rather, I think it represents a sweet spot in terms of portability and usability. So it will be very popular.

Quote:
It is too soon to draw any real conclusions about any trends relating to that size with the only real conclusion that can be made is that there is a market for that size device
Really? Selling 10 million Galaxy Note II's in just a few months isn't impressive enough?

Quote:
... and even that one is tempered by the fact that few companies are giving people the option of buying a phone with higher end components without it also have an ever bigger display.
What exactly do you mean by that (higher end components)?

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote