View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
i'm with you bremen.. i picked up an ipad on release day because i had an opportunity to do so and it's a new gadget (and i have a serious addiction to gadgets). i expected to be.. indifferent about it.. not great.. not horrible.. and thought it would soon be collecting dust.

i'm glad to say it's been a daily companion for me now from checking email first thing in the morning (no need to power up my laptop), to reading a book settling to bed at night. it isn't "magical" in the sense that the device does something amazing i couldn't do on something else. it's "magical" because it's thin, light, versatile and so easy to use. i hit a button and tap an icon and i'm checking email. in 15 seconds. and i get a very good email experience. i'm not waiting for a laptop to start up. waiting for an application to start up. by the time my laptop is done booting i'm already reading some feeds on my ipad.

the ipad is here, in my hands, now, it is made by apple. if someone has something that meets my needs better in 6 months, a year, has more features that i need, you can be sure i'll be getting one and chatting with those folk who have them as well.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote