View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #148
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
That is low-income. Most of the "poor" kids I've seen at work all have expensive designer and athletic label clothes and iPhones, even if it means coming with no school supplies.

And when I suggest they buy school supplies first, they act like I'm suggesting they go to school naked.

I'm starting to think that half the "poor" families in the US are that way because they just don't know how to shop.
Let's face it, being ''poor'' in America today means you don't have an iphone and an Xbox. I think those that are simply utterly stupid with money infinitely outnumber true, dirt poor people in this country.

I think many of us see it in our own personal lives, I know I do, people who cry poverty, can't/won't pay their bills but they've always got nice ''stuff''. The person I know personally couldn't be bothered to pay car insurance, was always late on rent, still has their mom paying the cell phone bill, even blew off payments to a debt consolidation company but her and her ''baby daddy'' had Xboxes, cable, internet, Hulu, this and that out the bloody wazoo.

Like I said, I think there's far more absolute irresponsibility than true poverty in America.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote