View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #1776
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I haven't had my e-reader long so not used to the pricing schemes for e-books, but I was surprised that most of the books I looked at were already cheaper at Kobo than elsewhere, even without a discount voucher.

I noticed is that some books are set at the same dollar price point for different countries even though their dollars are worth different amounts. A lot of the books I looked at buying were $US 7.99 at Kobo US (and Amazon US), but were $NZ 7.99 (= $US 6.65) at Kobo NZ. So even before vouchercodes40 I was saving 20% compared to the US price.

I wonder if these prices are normal, or is Kobo making some sort of marketing push in New Zealand? I saw some Televison advertising for Kobo e-readers here recently, never seen that for Sony or Kindle (the other main brands sold here).
Yes, it's always good to shop around before you buy! I'm not sure about the NZ push as you say, I'm in Canada so generally our prices are much higher than US prices too.
I generally go to kobobooks and amazon, not too often but sometimes googleplay and sony also. MY understanding is that on the big publishers books the price is set by them, and then the supposed "exchange" is added and then generally discount codes don't apply to them. But I definitely see a big price difference at times between Canadian vs US prices on the publisher set prices. Buying books and getting the best price is tricky. But luckily there are tricky ways to get those best prices too [country settings, using a VPN like TunnelBear, etc.] There's lots of great tips and tricks you can learn around here and I'm so grateful I found MBR to learn them.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote