View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #67
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Rendering of EPUB books with Romanian characters works normal. Rendering of MOBI books with Romanian characters raises the issue described above: it looks as if the unicode fonts are dealt correctly with EPUB, but not with MOBI. It may be consistent with the german umlaut issue raised earlier in this thread.
Wait. EPUB files may contain fonts, while MOBI files do not. Right? The Romanian EPUB file I am trying is rendered the same without regard to what font CR is currently using. The French EPUB file I am trying is rendered differently, according to the font CR is currently using. May this be the reason why it works? If yes, the problem is the font selected in settings, which is rendered incorrectly for MOBI. But with the same font selected in Kindle (through the jailbreak hack), the MOBI files look right.

Does this make sense? Or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by hfpop; 11-26-2011 at 01:22 PM.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote