View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 09:49 AM   #72
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
I find I get the best results when I buy the CDs and then rip the files to MP3 on my own -- that way I get everything that is in the track, without losing the endings of the selections.
I have ripped my opera CDs at 320 for the best quality but still find that tracks are abruptly cut. Perhaps it is an illusion. I supposed what I should do is listen to one of my CDs with a headset so I can compare apples to apples.

I don't buy many operas directly as MP3s but I do buy some, particularly if I am unfamiliar with the opera or the composer. The MP3 versions generally cost less and don't take up physical space in my library, giving me an opportunity to decide whether I like the opera or not. If I do like it, I often buy the CD version as well.

I tried to listen to music via the Sony Reader while reading but found it depleted the battery too quickly. Now I either use my stereo system or MP3 player and only use the Reader for reading.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote