View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaigreg View Post
Hi,

I agree with gabrield, but I also feel that they are trying to push us to certain formats (epub) and trying to eliminate others (mobi). We'll probably have to wait a few months and see how things settle down, but if they continue to force us to purchase and read what they want then they're in for a big surprise.

Greg
One of the big issues with eBooks has been no read standard format. Now that we have one (ePub) you think it's an issue? I think it's a good thing. It means you can buy a book in ePub and use it with many different readers. You have more choices of what reader you want because of this. And because we can now strip the DRM from ePub, if you want Mobipocket format, just buy the ePub, strip the DRM and convert to Mobipocket via Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote