Thread: Confused newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 07:00 AM   #5
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogertb View Post
I'm currently trying Adobe Reader 9 and am surprised that I can't view the page vertically (maybe I'll get used to viewing in landscape)
Why can't you view the page vertically?

I use a netbook for reading and the ability to switch the view is built into the graphics drivers of the machine itself. If you can find the right tab for the display properties then you might find that there's an option to do it.

On mine I just press Ctrl Alt and an arrow key and it flips the screen display either to the left or right, or upside down. But if you can't find a way of doing it using the existing software then there are a couple of utilities that I found for free on the net that supposedly also do the job. I can't say if they're any good or not because I didn't need them. From memory, one was called something like 'irotate' but I can't give you any opinions on whether they will work for you or if they are safe or not.

I hope that's what you meant.

Cheers,

Chris
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote