View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
Dave W
Connoisseur
Dave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-600 & Nook ST w/glow light
Thnaks for the help

I'll try some of the suggestions when I get a chance.

Bob, no I haven't tried the USB disconnect feature in windows. That should be what the disconnect button is doing in the ereader library.

Retro, I should have the latest version of Vista because I allow all the Microsoft updates to install. I've only had this notebook about a month. It came with Vista and free update to Windows 7. Having said that, I don't believe that I have service pack 3 for Vista. I'm inclined to wait for 7 rather than rock the boat. One set of updates from MS totally crashed my notebook. I paniced because I had just spent a week, putting in lots of hours, to clean off the junk that comes with a new computer and to install all of my applications. I have many. With HP's help, I found out how to undo the updates and got back to a working notebook without having to start over. I'm more that upset with MS for releasing an update that could do that.

Someone else suggested another application to use for book transfers other than the ebook library. Does that work? I did not know I could use another application. If so, I want to give it a shot. Perhaps it won't give me the windows error that I'm getting.

Thanks for all the help everyone. BTW, how do I check to see if all my books are licensed? I only have 11. Two I paid for. The rest are from the Google free library: Sherlock Holmes stories, Treasure island, and Jules Vernes stories. That few books shouldn't slow the disconnect down, should it? I've waited over 5 minutes and it still didn't disconnect.

Dave W
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote