View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #22
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post

3. The "I want to be in the artist mix, but I can't draw/paint/sculpt/ect., but writing seems doable." Some of the twenties Paris scene writers fit this mold, and some of the American Southern renaissance writers of the 1910s, and 20s, fit that mix.
After thinking about it, I think I may be in this category. I want to create *something*, but I'm not really an artist. I can play the organ at a fairly decent level, but I'm no music composer. I can't draw, paint, or sculpt.

The one artistic thing I can do at quite an advanced level (if I so choose) is take and edit pictures, but nowadays, I don't go out too much to do that.

The reason why I've started to write a story is just because it's been in my head for quite some time, but I don't know if I'm a writer. Obviously, I haven't read ALL fantasy that's ever been written (hehe, as if...), and I'm terribly afraid that I'm writing a story that has been done before.

If there's ONE sort of critics that would make me feel bad then it's something like: "Oh, such and such scene is *exactly* as it is in Book X of Author Y, and Chapter 15 is CLEARLY a ripoff of Chapter 3 of this and that, and the main character is OBVIOUSLY based on...."; I may not actually have read the books mentioned.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote