View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #461
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just did the online chat to replace the yellow screen one. I said a few times its really important I didn't receive a refurbished device as this one was, but I wanted a new one. Asked if he could please see that it was. Got a 'it all depends on the fulfillment center but I'll put a note on your order asking for a new device' - yeh right sure that happens - so I again asked. He then came back and said 'I can confirm the replacement device will be a brand new one', and estimated date about 2 weeks ahead. That lends credence to it being a new device as theres a 5-7 day wait on the Amazon site.

So everyone cross fingers this is a good one! If the screen is aligned and no crazy patches etc, I'll be happy. I would have kept the old one if the screen gap wasnt there.
drewh is offline   Reply With Quote