View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayw View Post
The Work-around: In the end I just edited the illustrations to make rows of images (similar to those shown in my signature) no more than about 300 pixels wide – about a half an average "page", then placed the synopses below that. It looks ok in either format, which is the main thing.
Code:
<4-cover image>
Short synopses of 4 novels
<3-cover image>
Short synopses of a trilogy
<2-cover image>
Short synopses of a duology
So what you are saying it you made the ePub not as good as it could be because Mobipocket cannot handle floating images? Please don't do that. Use ePub more to it's abilities and let Mobipocket fall flat where it falls flat. It's reasons like this that publishers don't do things properly in ePub. I've seen lots of places where blockquotes should be used but are not. Places where images should be floated but are not. And why not? Because Mobipocket doesn't do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote