View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 03:18 AM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgn View Post
Yes, this makes it pretty hard for me. My brain sorts from left to right, so I am completely confused when I see 'Alistair McLean' in amongst all the 'm's. In fact, depending on the authors around the M's, it could be a list of anything. So I treat the Author column in the grid as a list of random names. I simply cannot use it.
If you set the tweak mentioned in an earlier post to 'copy', then author_sort will equal author. 'Alistair McLean' will sort under A, not M. Author and author_sort could be used interchangeably.

Alternatively, you could also enter authors in 'LN, FN'. This, plus setting the tweak to 'copy', would sort and show authors by last name. 'McLean, Alistair' would sort under the M.
Quote:
It would be nice if there was a column in the grid that showed Author Sort. At least that way it would mean something. This would also be good as Author Sort is what the program uses to export files to devices, Save to disk, etc. At the moment, it is hard to know that the Author Sort is what you expect it to be.
Right-clicking on an author in the tags browser then selecting 'manage authors' will open a dialog that shows you both the author and author_sort values for each author. You can use this dialog to correct mistakes due to calibre's guessing how to convert 'FN LN' to 'LN, FN'
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote