View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightHouse Lady View Post
Thanks so much. I will try a couple of these.

It does say Smith, John but it is alphabetized by John. Drives me crazy in itunes as well. I want it in the "s"s and it should read Smith, John.
My guess is that you have set the author to Smith, John, but have not told calibre that the author is LN,FN. Result: author_sort would become "John, Smith,".

If you enter authors as LN,FN (I do this), you should set the 'tweak' in calibre that tells calibre not the change the order of the names. See this post for some discussion about how to make the change, as well as the effects.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote