View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightHouse Lady View Post
Hi,
I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. Please tell me how to enter metadata to make the authors sort by last name, first name. It is sorting by first name even though it sometimes shows the last name first.

I don't mean to be confusing, but I know it is something simple that I am not doing right.

Thanks,
LL
Welcome.

Default Calibre (no tweaks):
If what you see in the main browser, shows John Smith and you set the Author sort automatically (use the button in the Meta-data editor. Tick the Auto-set box in the bulk edit)
John Smith will sort in the ess's properly . The display is always by Author Name, the sorts will be by "author sort" (click the header to get the sort arrow to show the direction you want).
If there is something out of order, there is:
1) a Author sort that is stale.
2: A variant in the author name (includes spaces, punctuation)
Tip:
Use the Luggage tag (Tag Browser) : Author section.
You can click each name and see what titles are affected. You can even rename (fix) oddities via the tag browser (they will merge int any existing). I believe the "Author sort field is the only one you can't fix from the tag browser, BUT since you can click the tag, you can now highlight all (ctrl-a) the titles shown and Bulk edit the tick box to fix.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote