View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #37
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah68 View Post
I still can't get that clock on the VCR to stop blinking 12:00
A Twelve o'clock flasher

Quote:
A small percentage of people enjoy reading. I myself, enjoy nothing better (well almost nothing ) then curling up with a good story. I believe its getting to be a smaller and smaller percentage.
I think it's because reading requires patience, and with long books, determination. Both are traits I'm seeing less and less, to be honest. Nowadays, a computer game is said to have "good value" when it has 10 hours of play time. You can finish that in one day. How long would a book be that you can read in 10 hours straight; 200 pages, for a casual reader? That's not a book, just a nice introduction

Try Baldur's Gate (which I've also mentioned in another thread). If you just play the main story arc, it'll take you about 50 hours. 25 if you are VERY fast (you know the game, and skipping much of the dialog, that is).

If you want to do everything that can be done, it'll take you 150 hours or more on your first playthrough.

Ever played Planescape Torment? If so, you'll know what I mean if I say: "You've just played a novel." If not, then get it at Gog.com and go play it. It's more like an interactive book than a game.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote